Against 580% fixed interest rate

I’m against the 580% fixed interest rate of the liquidity pool.
If you give interest at a fixed rate of 580%, you’ll take almost 100% interest in 2 months on a 60-day basis, and this amount of money will eventually come to the market and the map price will be much lower than now.
I’m in favor of facilitating the flow of liquidity as a map user.
But what will happen to the map price if we release such an informal interest on the market?
If there was a case of applying a fixed interest rate of 580% to the liquidity pool or not, please think about why other foundations would not do it, and the foundation should pay a reasonable interest rate on the liquidity pool.

2 Likes

I don’t think the opinions of 9 people represent the opinions of all map users.
I want to make a decision with the consent of more people’s consent.

1 Like

as the usual industry habit, the beginning should be high so can attract more community to add LP, and after one or two weeks, the APY should go down.
if 580% is all time that will be crazy. in my consider, let us run 580% fixed rate for 1 week, and then to proposal the new fixed rate as the data . how about your thinking mate

1 Like

after 1 week,maybe 300% ,and after another week, go down to 100%?

1 Like

I think your suggestion is one of the good ways.
If a 100% fixed rate is applied for 60 days, the value of the map will decrease.
Who will buy it at a normal price?
And the interest released after that will confuse the market price of the map.

It is the market principle that interest supplied to the liquidity market is determined by demand and supply.
In which coin did the liquidity pool pay a fixed interest rate of 580%?
A small group of people is selfishness.

1 Like

other pairs in other chain, the nomal APY is 20% -30%. map need marketing now, at the beginning ,the high apy is right, can attract the eyes. 580% /300%/100%/50%/30%/20%,maybe donot need 60 days ,the apy should be at 20% level.

donot warry, Map need liquidity, high liquidity could attract gaint whales to buy map .

i think the starting 580% APY is been researched by the core team,but when this fixed rate run just one week,we can proposal to low down the rate.

1 Like

I don’t think this debate is bad
I just want to ask
Are you participating in liquidity supply to MAP-USDC and MAP-ETH?
If you’re not doing it, then why aren’t you doing it?
It would be a problem if all MAP holders received a fixed 580% interest rate.
The benefits received by a small number of participants may not be a factor in the price drop.
This is because providing liquidity does not necessarily guarantee profits.

It’s a matter that has already been decided, so I’ll try to operate it by the end of March.
You can adjust the interest rate later by voting.
Of course, the constant 580% fixed rate makes no sense.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer.
I also participated in the vote and raised concerns regardless of whether I voted or not.
And if the foundation accepts the results of the approval of the nine people for two days, the foundation should accept them without any objection to the issues that have already been carried out and the results of the vote to be carried out.
I hope the foundation will accept the 45% node rate and 15% steak.

And I’m also considering participating in the 580% variability pool.
Can there be a vote on the interest change in the middle?
If it’s a rule to keep and respect the voting results, I don’t think it will change.

1 Like

yes of course i think so

Liquidity cannot be released for 60 days
After that, the interest rate is changed and liquidity is not completely withdrawn.
We hope to continue to provide liquidity.
I think that the change of the interest rate should be decided through voting as well.

Personally, I recommend the sliding method.
580% → 300% → 100% → 50% → variable rate

1 Like